Amidst Lockdown: IT amma ki katha

What started off as a Junta curfew(one day mock lockdown), prolonged to what is now 23 days and ongoing lockdown.

Being an IT Employee amidst that has been a revelation. There are times when we look up to God and thank Him for this wonderful job where I was given months and months of work from home and there are others where we want to jump down a building probably for the same reason
Here goes. So with me are a 5 and half year old boy and a 1 year old boy who is yet hanging off the nearest windowsill as I am tyoing. I refer to them as 'my boys'. And of course my husband. And then the lockdown dawned on us.
It's true, we have a beautiful roof over our heads and grocery shops full of vegetables, unlike so many workers on the street. But what would we(husband and I) do if our core team, people who work behind the scenes are part of the lockdown. I refer to my core team as my inner strength. Its my maid and my cook. They were to locked down I their houses with their families. (Here is my prying for their wellness) 
So there we(husband and I) are like a cartoon which I once saw. A pan in one hand. A laptop in another. All this with my boys hanging off my stringy hair(cos my husband is balding) . I tried to brave it out the initial 5days and 20 hours. Saying all can go well. But then,  the sleep deprived me, relented to my moms loving voice over the phone saying, "come home, Mabre. Let me help you.." I shifted base to my mums in a few hours after the conversation. Tugging along were my boys, unfinished office work, all the stashed up grocery etc. I was there to stay for a while. My mom probably regretting her offer. Let me say what a blessing it has been. 20 days into the lockdown I have caught up on most of my work, my sleep, bonding time with my boys, my sons holiday homework and some wonderful time with my parents and Ammachy. Phew.
This is day 23 on the lockdown. 
Signing off with one of the hundred memes we receive in a day. 
Mabre. 

Comments