All things bright and blue - v 2


So that happened. Hidden under all the busy life of the past 9 months of managing work and home a little foetus grew in my womb. Been a roller coaster of a time, these 9 months. But at the end of it all I delivered a little baby boy and by the mighty works of God, everything went well. He protected the little one through the great dangers of the world.*explained below* . We were glad to see a little human after it all. We call him our "Gift of God"
So during the last 9 months which flew a little baby grew in the tummy. We were excited as a family. We wished on a star for a little baby girl. We analysed each scan. Read and searched for tell tale signs of carrying a girl. Made a list of names. But in my heart I knew the human growing inside was  a special one. Johan was surprised as the tummy grew. He kept asking if there was a little baby really growing. Towards the end when he felt the kicks on my tummy he even asked me why the baby was hurting his mamma.
The 9 months were some sort of a roller coaster. But I learnt a life's valuable lesson again. That plans are not finalised until God puts a stamp on it. In the second trimester, the most strongest of the trimesters. I fell sick coughing like a person consistently surrounded by smoke. We worried for the little one. I coughed and coughed day and night. Inspite of this, we planned for a holiday travel. I thought my body could handle the travel. After all we were visiting family. Who better to visit than grandparents during this period. But like I said God plans differently. I was infected by the Flu-that-should-not-be-named and forced to rush back home to get treated as soon as I could. It was a whole month of renewed coughing and sputum and baggy eyes and weight loss and recovery. Prayers and tears were our support. In the third trimester, we went in for an ultrasound scan, expecting some bad news that baby hasn't grown as much. And that's when we knew we were bringing up a little fighter who battled the odds.  In the layers of uterus tucked in cosily was our little Gift. We prayed harder for the  delivery which was planned in 2 months. Inspite of the worn out placenta, Baby Gift arrived at 37 weeks of gestation. He blessed us with a boy.

Like all parents of boy we wanted a girl to complete our equation. Funny how God puts his right puzzle piece in our jigsaw. I yet worry
How would this family grow?
Are we right in getting 2 children in the world, in the generation of raising-pets-instead-of-children.
Can we imbibe good qualities into them?
Basically would we be good parents for our 2 boys in this digital world.

But Worry is not what got us so far?
And Worry will not take us any further.
All I can say is I am humbled at the Lord's mercy. I am sure my family feels the same. He provides us with Gifts he has planned for us.
Lord Thank you for all things bright and blue.
Enable us as parents to bring up responsible boys.
Lord help us to imbibe Faith, even if it is small as a mustard seed. Cause we believe it can move mountains.
Happy Mabre and fly.



Comments