The new thing I did!!!

Last year(2017) apart from the many laps of run that I did between work and home, I decided to start something new. I pondered about the 'new' thing.
Could it be cooking, I thought.

"Am I passionate about following a recipie to the T ??", wondering over the smoked/charred oats porridge  on my breakfast plate.

Or what about my ever rising passion to study further?? *Snore*

Is there some part of me that wanted to shake those calories off. I don't think so.!

Ok so here is the deal, what else gets me going? Who else inspires me?
I pensively look at my luggage my dad  brought home from his brief stay at my grandma's. Out came some paper wrapped green healthy bananas. And then some drum sticks and then some curry leaves and then some beans and then some pepper and then some turmeric and then some ginger and then some coconut oil . Phew ! So much of love wrapped in a bag. All the love and care she put to grow them and nurture them and harvest them for us. 

And that is where I drew a little inspiration.
My own organic garden.

I might not be blessed with the so called green thumb but if I am blessed with a single strand of DNA from my grandma, I would like to know. So out there I started on my small balcony garden a small green bag of leafy vegetables. Oh the joy to watch them grow almost as soothing as watching the aquarium fish.
So I started off with some Amaranthus(cheera), fenugreek leaves, mint leaves, coriander leaves, spinach leaves, and finally a tomato plant.
Their first leaf, first flower, first fruit feels like celebration time for me.
And when they convert into daals and parathas, you can feel the real deal when compared to the ones u buy in the market. So here is what I call my 'pocket full of sunshine'.


My terrific three!
 
Amaranthus or what we natively call "Cheera".
 
My first Baby-Tomato!
 
They might not be perfect, but yeah I finally find my New Thing.
Lot of things to learn and unlearn while we take this further.

 

Comments