Grey Future


A sea of vehicles, intoxicating cocktail of air visiting our already congested lungs, screwed expressions worn on the faces of the ones sitting behind the wheel all heading to their respective offices.
The sight can give you a panic attack of sorts!
I have been travelling to my workplace in the office-shuttle for a few days now.
Well, as the custom goes, once you are inside the bus, u have to take a nap, else the sun might reverse its routine.But the destination never arrives in this infinite stretch of the outer ring road.
A decade ago, we would scramble to the nearest window-seat so that you can have the best view of the world around.But here all you get to see is the crazy mad rush. You can literally see all the pollutants making their way into all the flaring nostrils. I know for sure all of them stuck on the roads are poor IT employees who are scrambling their way to work to do their best to impress the boss, butter-up the clients, fatten their holey-wallets. Let me correct myself here. They definitely aren't poor corporates! It is just a pity that life has gotten so busy and money-oriented for all of us.
No-one has the time to look at the person next to us or lend a helping hand when in trouble.
No-one is ready to take some time out and protest at the Vidhan Soudha for some human related causes.
No-one is ready to wait for the person in front of us to go ahead.
No-one has the mental health to keep their frustration in check.
It is just so disheartening to see how life is going to turn out in the next couple of years.
Nothing to look forward to other than more Carbon monoxide, extinct green belts, sky-scrapers touching the clouds,  stress relieving self-help books and some exploding road-rage.
I remember chasing tyres with a stick, laughing loudly with grunting noises, running bare-foot on mud and stones, collecting twigs for my make-believe house , watching captain plannet in my neighbour's television cause we just had Doordarshan in ours and a million more fun things. Money now has become such a life changer. Everyone wants to earn an extra penny and spend more pennies on worthless stuff. What about our age-old strategy of 'Having little is plenty enough'! Wish we could hold on to that for a couple of years more.
There is no room for any freedom now. We have a baby and a EMI. How I wish it was a baby emi!*sniggering at my humorous joke*
We have to cross the million and zillion oceans to fend for a livelihood. Life and adulthood is such a farce.
There is no time for nothing. I'm sorry 'no time for nothing' is wrong choice of words. But you get the point.
In those 4 hours when I travel to and from work apart from the nap time and the discouraging sights outside the window, I have got some time to reflect on my own. To talk to my self. To plead God to help me make sense of my professional life. Life outside the 4 walls of my house is disheartening. Help me figure this out!
Disheartened Mabre

Comments