Agony inducing Harry!! *salute*

Well i had one of the most uneasiest bus rides ever.


My usual mood in my shuttle in the morning is that of serenity and piety, of introspection and planning.

But yesterday was a day when I felt i landed in the shoes of a holy man observing penance.

All I could do was cringe , wriggle, bite my agony away. A tear came rolling out but i fought the others away. I squirmed in my seat but made sure I din squirm to attract too much attention from a jabbering couple. I swear I heard a squeak from my vocal chords. And I'd say it was easily the most agonising hour Iv ever been through. I came face to face with what desperation felt.. I felt I reached the pinacle of desperation. I even became numb at the end of the journey... Now what could cause agony in a bus..early in the moring...for a whole hour...u might wonder..

It was one miniscule little red ant. The little fellow made its way into my clothes and bit me like i was chew toy. Well I couldn't squish it cause it either scrambled away fast from one place to the other or i would have to do crazy antics to get to it.

Well..every time it bit me I'd see spots in front of me. All coloured ones..To me the spots looked like a Solar Sytem which was colour coordinated.

And the desperation to itch got the better of me... There is little you can do in a packed bus other than squirm, wriggle and appologise. The little ant being sensible enough to bite me at an interval of every 5 minutes in the hour. The will to itch was over taking me. Im guessing Desperation itself ran away like a sceaming girl from the real emotion of desperation.

Well and the destination arrived and as I wiggled my way past some on-lookers who were in awe at my extra-ordinary pace....

A few minutes later I heaved a sigh of relief cause I finally got the little red culprit between my 2 little fingers. Ah!! How tiny and innocent it looked!! Almost worn out and lifeless after the biting and the retaliation...I squishd that little thing. It might enrage the community that fights for Red Ants Rights Foundation. But well let me tell you. It died a brave brave death. A little fellow, who I named Harry, who would have been learnt its combat strategies from some of the best military ants, didn't just lose its life. It died a courageous ant's death.!!

People wondered why I exited the rest-room with a tear in my eye and a salute. The tear for the itch. And the salute for our little Harry.!



This post is a tribute to Harry for his fearless combat!



Bitten Mabre!!

Comments