Oasis Hopping



"And yeah I like doing that"..said by my latest date.

A response to a question I asked which I had hoped that he would say just the opposite of what he said.

Well as I slowly am getting more experienced in the profession of blind-dates , I have these list of expectations and principles slowly rising up.

And I wonder if it is OK to have expectations , rules, principles....


I started off as a person searching for an oasis in a desert. I didn't have any expectation of what kind of oasis it should be. I knew that I just needed to find water. But every time you are acquainted to an oasis we put a new rule to our could-be oasis. You realise that surely we cant go to any oasis. And slowly there is this vague figure how the place should be.



But the desert where I am wandering is getting hot.. Sweat leaking from the sides of your head.

Well I learnt an important lesson , a lesson hopping through different oasis can lead to a lot of fatigue.

But In the bible it is said in Ecclesiastes

There is a time to love,

a time to love,

a time to find joy,

a time to feel sorrow,

a time to reap,

a time to sow

And definitely the right time to find the oasis.


Fatigued Mabre




Comments