My long pending TRIBUTE


"Mabre, Im getting married...I think I found the one"
I have a tribute to give. Well it is a long pending one to my extremely dear friend. Well she should have featured in this blog long long time ago..but things have been changing.. And it has been fast..Marriage,relocation etc. are few of the things that has egged me to write this down..
I first got to know a little kid in my 2nd standard. Little did I know that she would be the friend/sister iv ever had. As the years went on we shared almost everything[including my History book chapter sheets which safe-kept in a zip-loc cover]..played any and every game discovered on plannet earth[soles of our black shoes have worn off by the extensive sliding on the slide]..eaten like little munchkins[aluminum foil packed sandwiches]... studied like nerds[called each other for almost after every chapter]...jumped into almost all the wells together[got caught for peeling onions in class]etc.
I had the best of friend. Sometimes when I think, I feel I have just taken it for granted that she would be there and things would never change. And now as the phases of life pass and changes become inevitable, I feel the hurting pinch of missing her.
Well Im sure all would have heard of all the cliche friendship messages about shoulder to cry, hand to support, fools to laugh, silence to understand, joys to multiply, sorrows to share... Well I have been blessed to have it all.. She has been there through it all... Sometimes life wouldn't be that eventful but yet the conversations over any kind of telephonic device would be not less than an hour. We always found something to talk about, complain about, laugh, cry, console.. or just be there on the other side of the call..
Oh and when I sit down to pen down a few qualities I would admire her for... I get a gazillion words in my mind... But most of all her get-out-of-her-way-to-support-you"
virtue... Thanks 'co-onion-peeler' for being there.
Its not that she is going off to a distant land..Well "yes" she is..with the endless progress in the telphonic technologies it would be hard not to keep in touch... But things might change... I won't be able to expect a call on a saturday morning just to check in on me... or I just might find it a tad bit difficult to meet her face-to-face.....
Well yea..but at the end of it all I know she is in a place that she is enjoying..That is the beauty and the exciting part of the next phase.. Life would move on but the different people who have etched a difference in your life remain.
Im never this person who gets all showy about friendship and relations and stuff , so penning the same feelings down makes my little job a lot more easier....
"Co-onion peeler", being there as listener is the least I can do... so talk/mail away if needed or jus be silent if not.. I'd understand...

P.S. im a little busy as usual...actually trying to keep myself ABAP *as-busy-as-possible*.. so pardon me if I'd need to check my little appointment book..."Just Kidding!!! :)"

Comments