A Blessing for the blessed

I watched a reality show on the television today. *"Lik duh", people would say*
Well the TV is all about reality and its mudane activities. Usually channel's flip faster than the 'rising temper of my dad'. But today I was watching this show where the art which was displayed and competed for was Dance. The few minutes where my numb thumb lay idle on the remote, I was introduced to this boy. This story of the boy touched me. It hit me so hard that I could hear myself weeping. It was about this boy calle Nimit. His story moved me, moved me far-far away. He was blessed with wonderful parents, but they couldn't speak or hear. His little sister had the same disability. It was just him that was blessed with a power to speak. I landed in his shoes for the few minutes he was shown. He danced like a pro. He dedicated his performance to his mum. His Mum's face was etched with pride and happiness. Her words couldn't be spoken but her eyes said so. The boy during his every inch of his stint had this unbelievable greatfulness in his eyes. He narrated the story of how his Mum had instilled confidence in him that he could dance like 'the star'. All this and more....
I wept.. I thought... I reminisced...

I couldn't but give thanks to the Highest for the blessing this boy had. Blessing that he could not just speak but most of all the blessing of having such amazing parents.
My heart and my respect goes out to that family who just made me 'think'. It made me stop and question my definition of " The Blessing and the Blessed".

Blessing to me is something that is wrapped tight and hidden. Once found and un-wrapped, the cup of joy overflows. This joy can make the difference in the most toughest of times. So what you waiting for..!
Find those hidden blessings.
Unwrap them.
And it would let your cup overflow.!

Comments