A life of Trust

"Dad walked in.. Puffy eyes...a dark little shadow round the lashes... He whisked past taking a glance at where his little kids sit.... His stubble beard was unattended, i noticed....
As the little kids came home they asked "Is dad finally back?"
And I replied, "Yeah, Dad is back." With a tardy smile they went in to get settled in. But all through I couldn't help but forget the unkempt look. Dad looked sad and I knew so..As the day went relatives came and went, all overjoyed by the fact that he was finally back..
All these days without him, things went fine but it went on like a ticking bomb with more than a few seconds to spare. I wished he'd com earlier.. But who cares " He is back. He will get things to place, just as he usually does.", I told myself.

Dad called all the family for a regular family meeting to find out things have been. He with a grave face looked on as we spilled out all the happenings. But through it all his face remained calm. He listened to all. He gave a solution to every possible problem, and a reply to every smarty pant question. I had a question for him" Where had you been? Is everyting ok?" But I kept my tongue leashed.

As another day passed, he started to ease in. But yet the stubble was unattended to. Marvelous news came in that fine morning that our daddy was doing really well at work, but the joy to him was just a mere formality. As the day passed on, he helped us on the daily business. It was all just a normal day for him. He was just putting away some really huge hurtting emotion in a box. He must have locked it nice and tight. He might just take it out once we are away. And he was doing all this for us?? The hurting question hurt more. I wish I could know what it was, but we don't ask informal questions of such sort. It is always a formal affair at home. Though the kids were happy he was finally back, I couldn't feel the same anymore. Daddy was not ok and we cant help him.
"Daddy don't worry. Prayers work you know. Il pray for you and the family", I whispered silently into my heart.
It was today I added another person into my role model list. It was dad. I could learn how to handle stuff,once I grow big, just like daddy. As I lay down on my bed for the day, I said a little prayer, A better day for dad. "

- as Narrated by a girl with 2 younger brothers and 2 sisters. A true story from her life. A touching story I felt. The trust and understanding between a 15 year old girl and her dad.

Comments