Valentine's eve - Contemplation: 'They'

Well its anothe Valentine's eve..and this post has nothing to do with Mr Valentine or the day o the love...
This post is some contemplations....
Well seldom do we think of the chidren out on the streets...Seldom do we think about the homeless kids...Seldom do we spend our thinking time for the less privilleged...

The circumstances where I might lend my brain cells for them is when I pass by them at traffic signals...or when i see some heart wrenching presentations given by some evengelist.... or when the youth organises Work camps...That feeling of sorry and pity and thankfulness for all the blessings last might be for a day or two depending on the intensity of their sorry state...

Why are we asked to feel thankful for our blessings?? Why is it that we just feel sorry and not do anything about the sorriness...??
Well I wanna ask a new question...
What did we do to deserve these extra privilleges...?
Did I deserve the eduction that my fellow young ladies out there didn't deserve?
Did I deserve the parental love which 'they' didn't get?

I mean the more I ponder about it.. I feel less thankful for all I have cause I feel more guilty for possesing things that they don't....

There are some who are born to a poor family... with parents who could hardly afford a decent set of pants for them...
'They' eiter have parents who love them so much that they work with all they have... Or they have parents whose soul wish is to abandon them....
Orphanages are growing in leaps and bounds....
Kids... small and innocent are they...
'They' grow up thiking that begging is what they were born to do...
'They' believe it is their world....
'They' wish and hope to see more love...
'They' just have a tiny wish... to get them through another day...
'They' think that they were not born to study...

This post... is something that i didn't intend on writing... But as i typed my first word i realised...that my posts are always about me, myself and mabre...
I need to change my thinking..The mighty sun doesn't revolve around me..
Instead..it revolves around an earth on which me and 'they' exist...
I pray that this feeling just doesn't remain with a post...
I pray it remains in me as burden until I decide to do something about my 'they'...

Signing off with an unanswered question,
Me.

Comments